In some instances we'll ask you to upload pictures of your government ID. We do this in order to comply with the regulations that apply to us as a financial institution. We accept documents from most countries, please ensure you select the correct one.
Because we're unlikely to meet you in person, selfies are an effective way for us to verify your identity by comparing your face to the photo on your ID card.
Top tips for a successful check
- Ensure your ID is valid, within date and issued by a government entity
- Information on your ID card must match the information on your Atlantic Money account. Reach out to us in app if you need to make a personal data amendment
- Place your ID on a flat surface with a neutral background colour. Ensure lighting is good and that all information is easily readable within the four corners shown on the phone screen
- When taking a selfie, ensure the room is bright, the lighting is good and ensure to remove items such as hats and glasses to improve the chance of a face match
- If your check repeatedly fails, we'll be notified and get back to you regarding the issue as soon as possible
- While we would love to see pictures of your pet, please share these with us on social media rather than through the selfie-ID check